Healthcare in the heart of Newport
Your healthcare @ 62 Crocker Street
This is your independent healthcare hub – designed to meet your needs, at your convenience. We’re situated right in the heart of Newport on the Isle of Wight where we have created a tranquil, relaxing environment. We provide all the Island’s Dermatology services for the NHS, and also offer selected treatments on a private basis.
Our owner, Lighthouse Medical, has been supporting Primary Care on the Island since 2008. The company’s shareholders include Island GPs, Practice Managers and Practice Nurses. Over the years we have been working with Isle of Wight NHS Trust and Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group to provide services which included out of hours GP services and a walk-in centre, based at the Beacon Centre at St Mary’s Hospital in Newport.
Our innovative business includes continuing to run the Isle of Wight Integrated Dermatology Service from The Lighthouse Clinic and providing support to local GP practices.
We invest any surplus in the further development and provision of healthcare services on the Island and donate a proportion to our sponsored charity, Lighthouse Educational Foundation. This charity provides widespread education for people working in the Primary Care sector on the Island, to encourage staff retention and continually upgrade the patient experience.
Lighthouse Medical’s aims are to:
- Support Primary Care to deliver high quality, cost effective, flexible and innovative health care services across the Isle of Wight.
- Provide a local, ethical alternative to remote healthcare organisations and engage with other health sector partners.
- Promote our altruistic aims by continuing to deliver value for money contracts and by supporting Lighthouse Educational Foundation.
- Take every opportunity to promote Primary Care on the Isle of Wight as an attractive and worthwhile career choice.
- Remain a viable and respected business within the Primary Care sector on the Isle of Wight.
Michelle’s advice on body make up was spot on and has stopped my daughter feeling self-conscious.
Dr Aziz is a fantastic man who filled me with hope. Thank you for making me smile 🙂